Ellucian Senior Java Integration Consultant (Java/Banner/Groovy/Grails) REMOTE in Pensacola, Florida
Senior Java Integration Consultant (Java/Banner/Groovy/Grails) REMOTE
# of Openings per Req:
LOCATION - REMOTE FROM HOME ANYWHERE IN US - UP TO 25% TRAVEL MAX TO CLIENT LOCATIONS
SEEKING SOMEONE WITH INTEGRATION DEVELOPMENT EXP ALONG WITH EXP WITH JAVA, BANNER (OUR ELLUCIAN PRODUCT), GROOVY AND GRAILS DEVELOPMENT
F/T SALARIED ROLE PLUS YEARLY BONUS
An Integration engineer Consultant is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, designing, writing and delivering custom solutions for the products of Ellucian. This includes, but is not limited to, the writing of technical specifications, coding of business rules, technical configuration tasks and creating additional product features or functionalities sought by client. Ability to quickly learn new products, product enhancements, technologies, and conduct technical consulting sessions, and system validation testing. You are recognized as a subject-matter expert and thought leader in area of technical specialization
You will be presenting technologies and concepts to a range of audiences, both technical and functional, and advanced users. Additionally, you may provide training, consulting, and implementation engagements of the solutions created. This includes the development and maintenance of technical training materials and other collateral or artifacts needed to deliver the service.
You will leverage learning and prior work experience to design and implement robust, innovative technology solutions to complex problems. You will review implemented technology solutions; document lessons learned and recommend improvements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate is a consultant with a solid background and work experience in higher education with an emphasis on improving business efficiency through the development of integrations, Banner 9 UI components or modifying Banner 9 Components. The successful candidate has an in-depth functional knowledge of offices and functions within colleges and universities as well as demonstrable experience in one or more of Ellucian’s Banner System Modules to include Banner Student, Banner Finance, Banner Financial Aid or Banner Human Resources.
Auto req ID:
Job Posting Location(s):
US-AZ-Phoenix, US-CA-Aliso Viejo, US-CA-Costa Mesa, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-San Francisco, US-FL-Fort Walton Beach, US-FL-Lake Mary, US-FL-Maitland, US-FL-Melbourne, US-FL-Niceville, US-FL-Pensacola, US-GA-Atlanta, US-IN-Indianapolis, US-NJ-Cranford, US-NJ-Englewood, US-NJ-Hackettstown, US-NJ-Hoboken, US-NJ-Jersey City, US-NJ-Lakewood, US-NJ-Lincroft, US-NJ-Newark, US-NJ-North Bergen, US-NJ-Paramus, US-NJ-Pemberton, US-NJ-Somerset, US-NJ-Toms River, US-NJ-West Windsor Township, US-NV-N. Las Vegas, US-NY-Batavia, US-NY-Dobbs Ferry, US-NY-Manhattan, US-NY-New York, US-NY-Plattsburg, US-NY-Purchase, US-NY-Rochester, US-NY-Stone Ridge, US-NY-Washington Heights, US-OH-Anthems, US-OH-Cleveland, US-OH-Columbus, US-OH-Nelsonville, US-OH-Tiffin, US-OH-Yellow Springs, US-OR-Salem, US-PA-Cheyney, US-PA-Glenside, US-PA-Immaculata, US-PA-Malvern, US-PA-Media, US-PA-Pittsburgh, US-Remote, US-TX-Frisco
• Bachelor's degree required.
** Possesses programming experience (with Java, Groovy/Grails, C#, PHP, PL/SQL) or has an aptitude to develop new skills in these and other technical areas. Integration technologies (like MuleSoft etc.) is preferred.
• A minimum of three years of experience working in a higher education environment.
• Strong communication and analytical skills with demonstrable presentation and professional communication skills (written and verbal).
• Experience working independently with little direction and still achieve goals as well as working remotely in a team environment via phone and other electronic communication tools.
• Brings an established, effective method for tracking and completing tasks on time.
• Prefers a collaborative work environment over working solo, with a bias towards sharing credit for achievement over individual recognition.
• Exhibits a strong sense of ownership for individual work assignments, team goals and organization initiatives.
Differentiating Knowledge; experience with the following technologies a plus
• RestFul Web Services, Tomcat, Linux, Ant, Oracle Strong PL/SQL skills
• Version Control expertise (such as GIT and SVN)
Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience (plus to have):
• Ability to lead design/development tasks and work across multiple projects simultaneously
• General understanding of quality of service, non-functional requirements specification and infrastructure architecture
• Good appreciation for data architecture and information management best practices.
• Groovy / Grails development
• UI development using standard technologies (Bootstrap, JQuery etc)
• Ellucian Ethos Platform
• Banner ERP working knowledge and previous experience with other Ellucian products is highly preferred.
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.