Ellucian Project Director (MUST have ERP implementation exp)- REMOTE in Houston, Texas
Project Director (MUST have ERP implementation exp)- REMOTE
# of Openings per Req:
*location - anywhere in US - remote from home
*Travel - 50%
*seeking someone with big 5 background OR well known SaaS firms- someone that has managed large level ERP implementations
Ellucian is seeking an experienced Project Director to coordinate the implementation of our integrated administrative solutions for colleges and universities. The Project Director will manage and lead high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of complex functional integration. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian:
• Lead one or more projects through all phases of the Ellucian Implementation Methodology from initiation/planning through the execution and delivery of the contract concluding with project transition and close, ensuring a successful project.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, client stakeholders, and peers.
• Apply Project Management disciplines such as quality, risk, resource, and change management while being accountable for meeting the time, cost, and scope of each project.
o Communicate the plan, roles, constraints, milestones, and critical path to all team members and project stakeholders.
o Understand and apply standard project management and delivery methodology and project tracking standards in order to build effective plans and deliver quality solutions.
o Scale the project management role and deliverables based on the client contract and project classification tier.
• Translate customer's business needs into project requirements. Based on experience, anticipate and mitigate risks and identify opportunities.
• Lead project team status meetings to ensure the project milestones are met and dependencies are tracked.
• Manage activities of customer and resources to deliver a fully integrated solution.
• Act as a shared point of contact between internal and external stakeholders.
o Proactively and timely coordinate and communicate project activities to all involved parties.
o Provide management with an articulate summary of project status.
• Facilitate discussions with appropriate leadership and key sponsors to negotiate key decisions related to the triple constraints (time, cost, scope) while maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
o Build and maintain positive professional relationships and functions as the change agent for customers.
• Manage all resources when project turnaround situations occur. Lead cross-functional team resolutions to mitigate project risks and issues.
• Provide timely and constructive performance feedback regarding resources assigned to projects.
• Improve team dynamics and performance by building team cohesiveness through leadership, mentoring, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
• Ensure various operational elements that affect financial and resource forecasts are on track; including but not limited to:
o Up-to-date accuracy of all project plans for the duration of the project
o Customer satisfaction
o Accurate revenue recognition, which requires timely review and approval of time sheets, expense reports, billing request documents, and credit requests.
• Accomplish project goals within a matrix-management environment.
• Assist Customer Relations team in developing solutions by providing knowledge and expertise during the sales cycle (this may include the ability to sell the value of project management services).
• Identify business growth opportunities by applying knowledge of higher education’s industry, business processes, and software products.
• Guide and mentor less experienced Project Managers
• Develop methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Auto req ID:
Job Posting Location(s):
US-AZ-Phoenix, US-CA-Aliso Viejo, US-CA-Costa Mesa, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-Tustin, US-CA-Victorville, US-CO-Denver, US-CT-New London, US-CT-West Hartford, US-DE-Dover, US-FL-Choctaw Beach, US-FL-Crewview, US-FL-Fort Walton Beach, US-FL-Lake Mary, US-FL-Maitland, US-FL-Melbourne, US-FL-Niceville, US-FL-Pensacola, US-GA-Atlanta, US-ID-Boise, US-IL-Chicago, US-IN-Indianapolis, US-KS-Kansas City, US-KS-Topeka, US-KY-Lexington, US-MA-Andover, US-MA-Danvers, US-MA-Lowell, US-MA-Shrewsbury, US-MA-Worcester, US-ME-Biddeford, US-MI-Bay City, US-MI-Detroit, US-MI-Muskegon, US-MI-Port Huron, US-MO-Sedalia, US-MS-Clarksdale, US-MS-Cleveland, US-MS-Gautier, US-MS-Gulfport, US-MS-Jackson, US-MS-Perkinston, US-MS-Poplarville, US-MT-Helena, US-NC-Asheville, US-NC-Belmont, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NC-Hickory, US-NC-Winston-Salem, US-NE-Lincoln, US-NH-Nashua, US-NJ-Cranford, US-NJ-Englewood, US-NJ-Hackettstown, US-NJ-Hoboken, US-NJ-Jersey City, US-NJ-Lakewood, US-NJ-Lincroft, US-NJ-Newark, US-NJ-North Bergen, US-NJ-Pemberton, US-NJ-Somerset, US-NJ-Toms River, US-NJ-West Windsor Township, US-NV-N. Las Vegas, US-NY-Batavia, US-NY-Dobbs Ferry, US-NY-Manhattan, US-NY-New York, US-NY-Plattsburg, US-NY-Purchase, US-NY-Rochester, US-NY-Stone Ridge, US-NY-Washington Heights, US-OH-Anthems, US-OH-Cleveland, US-OH-Columbus, US-OH-Nelsonville, US-OH-Tiffin, US-OH-Yellow Springs, US-OR-Salem, US-PA-Cheyney, US-PA-Glenside, US-PA-Immaculata, US-PA-Malvern, US-PA-Media, US-PA-Pittsburgh, US-Remote, US-SC-Columbia, US-TN-Chattanooga, US-TN-Nashville, US-TX-Alpine, US-TX-College Station, US-TX-Frisco, US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Prairie View, US-TX-San Antonio, US-VA-Reston, US-VT-Burlington, US-WA-Seattle, US-WY-Cheyenne
• Must have a successful track record of at least 7-9 years of progressive experience of complex project management, problem solving and client management.
• At least 7-9 years of related work experience with implementing ERP or administrative software systems.
• At least 7-9 years of personnel management, contract management and the ability to interact with all levels of the project team with the ability to persuade and build consensus.
• Experience and high proficiency in using Microsoft Project and other tools within the Microsoft Office suite.
• Must be articulate and have the ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and perseverance.
• Must demonstrate strong listening and information gathering skills to ensure an accurate understanding is accomplished.
• Willingness to travel at least 50% is required.
• Must have the flexibility to work a regular schedule with additional evening and early morning hours as required.
• Candidates can work remotely assuming they have an established home office. Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
• Advanced degree is a plus.
• Successful work experience in college or university administration is a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification strongly preferred.
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.