Ellucian Senior Functional Consultant - Banner Student in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Functional Consultant - Banner Student
# of Openings per Req:
• Acting as a thought leader for our EMEA implementations, able to lead and influence client teams at all levels . Providing advice and guidance on industry best practices and best practices for implementing Banner in EMEA, working with leadership and staff in colleges and universities to ensure the Banner Student Information System is implemented & configured to best map to institutional processes and academic and business needs utilising Ellucian’s Rapid Deployment Methodology, whilst advising on industry best practice and norms.
• Supporting customers to make a smooth transition from their existing systems, applications, and processes to new tools and processes through implementation efforts and, where appropriate ongoing consulting. Providing change management advice as appropriate
• Business process review and analysis of client business requirements. Gather and document business requirements, discuss with clients,advising on the adoption of industry-wide practice, and brief the implementation team on requirements.
• Configuring client systems in alignment with client needs and provide training in the use and upkeep of applications and technologies.
• Working collaboratively with clients to derive maximum value from Ellucian solutions.
• Work collaboratively with the Ellucian project to define and provision cross-product solutions and build your own secondary product knowledge outside of Banner Student.
• Using a disciplined methodology, refine onsite engagement agendas, interview protocols, conduct large group presentations, and lead working group sessions that involve all key stakeholders and achieve engagement goals.
•Take active role in identifying, communicating, and advancing internal process improvement suggestions/initiatives
• Participate in Ellucian company-wide cross-departmental initiatives as required
• As a senior consultant on the Ellucian team, ability to act as a role model for other more junior consultants
Auto req ID:
Job Posting Location(s):
AE-Dubai, UK-Milton Keynes, UK-Remote
• At least 3 years experience working in a client facing consulting environment
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A minimum of 7 years of experience within the higher education sector.
• Must have experience with Banner or other Ellucian or competitor systems ,
• Must have the ability to explain solutions to diverse customers, and ensure they are able to use applications and functionality effectively to accomplish their work.
• This position requires enthusiasm and energy; willingness to learn and adapt quickly; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and previous experience conducting training sessions.
• The successful candidate must be a disciplined self-starter as well as a positive team player.
• Knowledge of, and end-user experience with, such technologies as student information systems, course management systems, and web technologies.
• Proven Ability to use appropriate skills in the areas of: project coordination, multi-tasking, prioritization of demands, conflict management, decision making tools & techniques, group discussion, training, facilitation, decision-making, communication, and time management.
• Demonstrated experience in consulting and/or training and development; system implementation, and requirements gathering is beneficial.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with credibility and gravitas to influence senior client stakeholders at client site and industry events
• Proven Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.