Ellucian Reporting & Systems Analyst (SQL, ERP. and IPEDS exp. required) in Dover, Delaware
Reporting & Systems Analyst (SQL, ERP. and IPEDS exp. required)
# of Openings per Req:
Support IT solutions for higher education! At Ellucian, we deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help education institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. See the impact of your work with this dynamic role! We are seeking a Systems Analyst to work with customers on assigned projects to identify solutions to business technical problems. Successful candidates will bring new and creative solutions to our customers enterprise application ecosystem, centered around Jenzabar at Wesley College. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small and highly motivated team during a period of growth and change.
What we need from you:
Support IT solutions for higher education! At Ellucian, we deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help education institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. See the impact of your work with this dynamic role! We are seeking a Systems Analyst to work with customers on assigned projects to identify solutions to business technical problems.
Successful candidates will support new and creative solutions to our customer enterprise application ecosystem, centered around Jenzabar. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small and highly motivated team during a period of growth and change.
Demonstrate your strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and self-starter team attitude in this key role! Excellent time-management, planning, and interpersonal skills will also be essential for your success. If you have what it takes to develop effective solutions and reports for clients, we want to hear from you
• Bachelor's degree; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• 3+ years hands-on experience supporting ERP and reporting environments
• Working knowledge of higher education administrative functions
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Superior team commitment in support of our customer
• Reviewing, analyzing, and reporting against the Jenzabar ERP systems and processes related to client operations.
• Analyzing current operational procedures, identifying problems, and learning about specific requirements
• Supporting SQL server based applications, including Jenzabar, PowerFAIDS, IPEDS.
• Manage the reporting needs between Jenzabar and other institutional applications
• Performing other duties such as scripting for reporting
• Providing various institutional support to client staff in the proper use of administrative, teaching and related solutions.
• Working with client to design new and improve existing procedures in support of business operations.
• Maintaining communications, teamwork, and positive relations between users and the OIT.
• Evaluating and responding to requests from users regarding all aspects of technology.
• Preparing technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of systems.
• Mentoring team members possessing less experience; transfers knowledge of technologies.
• In a hands-on fashion, ensuring all technology solutions are properly supported and specified.
• Conceptualizing long-term needs of the institutional reporting environments, and planning and managing related projects.
• Ability to complete multiple projects under fast-paced deadlines.
• A pleasant and collegial personality consistent with the mission of a service-oriented unit
Auto req ID:
Job Posting Location(s):
Strong organizational skills.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree is desirable.
Solid functional and technical knowledge of the Jenzabar EX ERP system
Solid functional and technical knowledge of MS SQL
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Strong Project Management skills, PM preferred
Varied and strong technical background that would include implementation of higher education administrative systems or business management systems.
Specific understanding of industry trends and standards required.
Strong end user orientation.
Strong work ethic,
Must be a team player and strong on collaboration.
Solid organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels.
Sound strategic thinking skills and ability to work with client senior management team in an effective manner.
Other duties as needed
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Experience in Higher Education Information Technology Support
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Information Technology, Instructional Design, or Education Technology related field (Master’s preferred)
5-7 years of experience with professional development and training delivery, online teaching experience, and/or academic web development experience
Experience with instructional design theory, best practices in online education, learning theory, instruction delivery models, and metrics.
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.