Ellucian Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer in Bangalore, India
Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
# of Openings per Req:
• Oracle Relational Database 11g and 12c Administration including planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of ERP systems such as Ellucian Banner and all components of the Unified Digital Campus (UDC) technologies such as: Banner XE, ESM, Degreeworks, ODS, EDW, Workflow, BDMS / XtenderSolutions, UC4, Touchnet, BEP, eTranscripts, and any other client applications.
• Install, configure, and maintain Oracle based technologies including Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Weblogic Server, Tomcat, and any required technologies in support of Banner and Banner components. Additional duties include and are not limited to the implementation and configuration of application components within those Banner Technologies.
• Coordinate physical and logical changes to Enterprise Databases and UDC applications by performing the following duties which may include but not limited to the following:
Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
Database & application installation and maintenance according to established best practices.
Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
Acts as a technical advisor to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade
• Team-oriented individual who values opportunities to build the skills and capabilities of others, a strong sense of the possible, and a real desire to improve customer experience.
• Client Satisfaction focused - Attention to details are a must
• Superior verbal and written skills, encompassing complete understanding on the English language with exceptional communications skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and balance a workload among many clients.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision.
• Oracle Certified Professional Certification
Auto req ID:
Job Posting Location(s):
• Oracle Database Administration, Installation and Configuration
• Should have real-time work experience implementing and maintaining Oracle Dataguard environment
• Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) Experience
• Good knowledge on Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
• Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle tasks
• Experience leveraging AWS, scripting, and automation tools for installation
• Delivery Orchestration tasks on AWS
• Automated upgrade tools, familiarity with SDK’s
• Global capability/compliance
• Experience in any of the ITIL complaint tiketing tool(s)
• Knowledge on Cloud computing
• Application Management
• Oracle 11g Fusion Middleware - Forms and Reports experience
• Experience in Oracle Weblogic
• Tomcat administration and configuration
• Oracle RAC – Real Application Clusters experience
• Multi-lingual (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Hindi, or others).
• AWS Solutions and Associate Certifications
• ITIL certification in IT Service Management preferred.
• Knowledge on Oracle Streams and GoldenGate
Working hours - Rotational 16 x 7 with 5 days working pattern and any 2 days week off
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Ellucian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.